This file contains additional information, probably added from the digital camera or scanner used to create or digitize it.
If the file has been modified from its original state, some details may not fully reflect the modified file.
June 22, 2012
First, liquid oxygen is made by passing gaseous oxygen through a tube submerged in liquid nitrogen. Then the oxygen is poured between the poles of a strong electro magnet. The paramagnetic nature of the oxygen causes an induced dipole. As a result, the oxygen is suspended in the magnetic field. Once the field is disabled the oxygen returns to its original state and falls from the magnet. Note: liquid oxygen is dangerous and can cause spontaneous combustion please do not try this at home.